11:58 PM found me locked in my bedroom, earphones in, my face covered in LUSH Ocean Salt Facial Scrub (trust me, it’s magical), and having the time of my life jamming to T Swift’s 22 for the last time while actually twenty-two.
Twenty-two has been an incredible year for me! From graduating college and moving back home, to getting a successful business job (yay for adulting!), to traveling the world, I have seen and grown and explored to my heart’s content.
I have road tripped the entire East Coast, explored Maine, NYC, and Boston with my best friend, and checked three continents off my list (Europe, Asia, and Africa).
I have discovered the pure joy and fascination one can get from growing and watching plants and flowers as they thrive under your care. Green living things have taken over my apartment like you wouldn’t believe and I’m totally okay with it. #crazyplantlady
There have been struggles, heart break, and hard times this year but through it all, I’ve learned a couple of things:
- Being able to afford all the clothes and coffee and home decor I want can never feel as good as being broke and traveling the world.
- Try new things even if they scare you! The first thought I had when my mum bought me my first house plant (on my birthday no less) was utter terror that I would kill it off faster than it could grow. I look back at that moment and can’t help but laugh at myself. (I also want to cry when I think about not having a house full of thriving plant children…) But, seriously. Also, if anyone needs some ivy cuttings hit me up, yo. I can’t bare to trim them and throw them away. I know, I know, I’m crazy.
- Never ever ever refuse someone’s help when moving. Lesson learned.
- Give God all you’ve got, and more. I have never in my life been as blessed as I have this year. You can hear it as many times as you listen, but until you truly sacrifice of yourself (time, money, energy, etc) for God, you will never know the true value of living for the Lord. I could tell you of so many things this past year that have really made this statement ring true in my life!
- All the iPhone pictures in the world will never be able to compare to the beauty of seeing that view from the cliff overlooking the clear turquoise ocean, or the giraffes bathed in the first light of morning and mist in the distance while driving through a safari, or the spectacular view of the River Thames and the sparkling city lights of London. So don’t forget to take in the moment, put down your phone, your camera and all other distractions, and breath in the fresh salty air, let yourself feel like the tiniest part of the universe while taking in the views from the London Eye, and enjoy the ultimate feeling of freedom in the majestic African wildlife while pretending to be Queen of the Safari. All the pictures in the world will never be worth the memories, I promise.
As I drove to work today (yay, adulting?), I may or may not have been belting out Queen Bey’s Grown Woman with my front seat filled with flowers and succulents (the fam bam knows me too well). I am so blessed and can not wait to see where The Year of Twenty-Three will take me! No need to fear, I will still be dancing and feeling 22, my wanderlust will continue to grow, and I’ll still be overwhelming your instagram accounts with my plant babes. Happy Thursday! XOXO